Friday, November 19, 2010

Motherly Wisdom

Now, before anyone gets any crazy ideas, I am not the one dispensing the motherly wisdom. It's from my mom. And, since I can't say it any better than she said it, I'm just going to copy it straight from the emails she sent me this week.

The first one was sent on Monday and was simply given the subject, "Encouragement." Unfortunately, I didn't read it until this evening. This is what my mom said to me on Monday:

"Hi Megan, just had a couple of thoughts that I decided to pass on to you. Please do not take this the wrong way; just trying to help. Spend time in prayer each morning before the kids get up. Take the authority that is yours in Christ and bind any and all spirits of strife. Remember the enemy will come at you through your children. Quite the rat, huh? Pastor Farley has been teaching out of 1st Cor. 13---the love chapter. Maybe you could spend some time teaching and encouraging them that love is not rude, love does not demand its own way. Well, I could just go on and on but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. I know this--God's word always makes a difference. We may not see the results as quickly as we want, but if we will continue to look at His word, trust Him, believe Him--we will not be disappointed-----first the blade, then the ear........Love and prayers...Mom"

So I wrote her back this evening and said this:

"Oh, how I wish I'd read this earlier this week. It's been such a hectic week that email hasn't exactly been a priority.

I understand what you're saying and I certianly didn't take it wrong. (You don't have to worry about "intruding" here... I'll take your advice!) One of my biggest problems is that I can never seem to get up earlier than the kids. No matter how early I try to get up, they are either up at the same time or right on my heels. Early morning used to be my time. I'd go to the gym and pray all the way there and all the way back, listen to praise and worship during my workout and even a sermon or two if I had them on my iPod. Then there would be time later for a little bit of Bible reading because I'd have all of that done and be showered before the kids got out of bed. Do you have any suggestions?"

To which my mom replied tonight:

"Yes, I do have a suggestion. If you can't be up before the kids, then every time you go to the bathroom--use this time to visit your heavenly throne also. I used to do that all the time-even kept a bible in there. Also, use their nap time to spend with God. I assure you that this is time well spent and the benefits are tremendous. As you do this, you will be surprised at how much more you actually get accomplished in a day. Even use a few minutes after the kids are in bed at night.Megan, God knows exactly where you are and all the demands that are on you. He is most understanding and He will reward you for the few minutes here and there. Now, let me also encourage you to set aside a regular time when you can. As long as you have children, time will always seem to be hectic but as they grow it is a different hectic at different stages. I never home schooled so you are experiencing something I never experienced. Know that I am in your corner and praying for you. You are doing a great job with "my babies". God loves you too. Just always lean heavily on Him and He will give you all the strength, wisdom and everything else that you have need of. Just take things one day at a time. Hope this helps. Love ya much..Mom P.S. Try playing some praise music through the day!!!"

I really love my mom! She's quite the lady. I'm so thankful for her wisdom and her loving encouragement.

Maybe her words of wisdom will benefit you, as well.

No comments: